About fifty years ago, staffing industry insurance wasn’t available for the affected administrators and employees. This particular group of workers didn’t have the insurance protections that many people take for granted. However, times have changed; industry administrators and insurance providers have recognized the need to insure the staffing industry.
The Staffing Industry Is In a State of Constant Change
Today, the world of staffing is characterized by much more than simply filling empty workstations. Administrative spaces are being filled with a temporary staff member. The numbers and abilities of needed staff change with the economic times. The responsibilities and specific talents required from individuals vary greatly. Industry-specific insurance is able to study, predict and respond to changes.
Workers in the Staffing Industry Come From a Variety of Backgrounds
Unlike other industries where workers often come from similar backgrounds with a common educational base, the employees working in the staffing agency come from widely varied backgrounds. Some examples of the workers being hired by the staffing industry include:
- Experienced executives who are willing to serve as interim professionals
- Young mothers who want to split their time between careers and raising a family
- Talented workers with a specific set of skills
- Professionals who are hoping to broaden their experience base by taking on temporary work assignments in fields related to their main profession
- College students with the same goal of gaining an experience base in their field
The Responsibilities Required of Staffing Industry Workers Are Also Varied
Staffing industry insuranceproviders recognize that interim and temporary workers will be given many different responsibilities. With this understanding, the insurance provider is better prepared to design the most appropriate policies. The staffing industry is characterized by change and diversity. By tailoring insurance to the changing needs of the staffing industry, insurance providers can build a solid reputation among their staffing industry clients and their peers.