A friend at work was complaining recently that he had so many passwords for all his different accounts that it was becoming difficult to keep the passwords straight and remember them.
I mentioned that I have a password strategy that I have used for years.
1. I have a password that I can give out to anyone so anyone can check into the account.
2. I have a password that is for my friends so I give this as a password whenever I might need to share it with a friend or coworker.
3. I have a password that is for close friends so I am safe it I need to share it with close friends or family.
4. I have a password that I use for any account shared with my wife.
5. I have a password that is the mother of all passwords and only I know it. It is a complicated password mixed with numbers and letters.
Do you have a password strategy?